Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
MWPHA 2012 Annual Meeting
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Healthy Women, the Cornerstone of Strong Societies: Setting the Agenda for Women’s Health
Join us on May 16, 2012, for the Metropolitan Washington Public Health Association’s Annual Meeting. The invited keynote speaker is Patricia Nalls, Executive Director of the Womens Collective in Washington, DC. Please visit our conference website for more information.
We believe that women’s health is crucial to the health of a nation; so the theme of this year’s conference is “Healthy Women, the Cornerstone of Strong Societies: Setting the Agenda for Women’s Health”. With the recent controversy over coverage of preventive care services for women and contraceptive coverage, we feel it is timey to examine the current women’s health care debate and empower women to become their own advocate.
- Provide public health practitioners and students with an understanding of the current public health issues and policies that are critical to women and their families.
- Provide an update on the Affordable Care Act and the implications for women’s health care if the law is struck down.
- Identify strategies for advocating for the protection of women’s health care.
- Provide an understanding of preventive care services including contraceptive coverage in the Affordable Care Act at the local and state level.
- Obtain perspectives from leaders in the Metropolitan Washington area on current public health issues impacting women.
The Metropolitan Washington Public Health Association, an affiliate of the American Public Health Association, promotes public health by providing information and education about public health issues and practices for both public health professionals and the community at large.